Victron Energy VE Bus BMS
The VE.Bus BMS protects each individual cell of a Victron lithium-iron-phosphate (LiFePO4 or LFP) battery.
Each individual cell of a LiFePO4 battery must be protected against over voltage, under voltage and over temperature. Victron LiFePO4 batteries have integrated Balancing, Temperature and Voltage control (acronym: BTV) and connect to the VE.Bus BMS with two M8 circular connector cord sets. The BTVs of several batteries can be daisy chained. Please see our LiFePO4 battery documentation for details.
The BMS will:
- Shut down or disconnect loads in case of imminent cell under voltage
- Reduce charge current in case of imminent cell over voltage or over temperature (VE.Bus products only, see below)
- Shut down or disconnect battery chargers in case of imminent cell over voltage or over temperature
- The operating voltage range of the BMS is from 9 to 70V DC
- The VE.Bus BMS connects to a MultiPlus, Quattro or Phoenix inverter with a standard RJ45 UTP cable
- The Load Disconnect output can be used to control the remote on/off of a load or electronic relay
- The Charge Disconnect output can be used to control the remote on/off of a charger, load relay or battery combiner
What's In the Box
- Mains detector
- Short length of VE Bus cable to join mains detector to MultiPlus
- Adhesive velcro pad for mounting on outside of MultiPlus