With Bluetooth built-in, the BMV Smart is ready for the Internet of Things (IoT) era. With Bluetooth being implemented in most other Victron Energy products, wireless communication between products will simplify system installation and enhance performance.
This is the latest version of the BMV Amp Hour Meter, now called the BMV712. It replaces the BMV702 that went before it by adding built in Bluetooth. It keeps track of current flowing in and out of a battery bank and uses a sophisticated algorithm to read out the state of charge of the battery in Percentage Remaining and Amp Hours Remaining. It also displays Volts and Amps, time to go, and Consumed Energy and keeps track of Historic Data including Battery Efficiency, Average Discharge, Deepest Discharge, Number of Cycles, Overvoltage, and Undervoltage Alarms.
The primary advantage of the BMV 712 over the BMV 702 and separate Bluetooth Dongle is that by building in the Bluetooth component into the meter the VE Direct port is available for other uses.
What's in the box?
- Meter body
- Retaining nut for attaching the meter when access is available from behind
- Face plate, mounting screws and snap on bezel for attaching meter when no access is available behind
- Shunt with circuit board
- 10m interconnecting cable with RJ12 plug ends
- 2 x Power cables with fuses
- Instruction manual
- Sticker with serial number and PUK number for sticking in instruction manual